Re: A question of Security

Glynn Clements (glynn@sensei.co.uk)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:58:09 +0100 (GMT--1:00)

Alan Cox wrote:

> > Iīd like yo use it, but I need a telnet-ssh app. to access from my
> > windows, and as you know, thereīs no much free softm for windows. And a
> > lot of companies have proxy/firewall to access Internet and donīt allow
> > to use port #22.
>
> I would suggest you figure out what the cost of replacing your system is after
> someone sniffs the password and covers your website in porn.

Porn is probably the least of the problems.

The only people who are likely to give a damn about porn are the
police, and (unless Spain is VASTLY different the UK) there are
probably only two police officers in the country who would know where
to start. It's going to take them some time to get around to you.

If, OTOH, your website was covered in ripped MP3s, the RIAA is likely
to have an extradition request in the post within < 2 microseconds.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn@sensei.co.uk>