Re: EtherExpress 16 media connector

David C. Eilering (deilerin@lisa.csj.net)
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 08:48:54 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for the suggestion. I read the same thing in ifconfig's man page.
However, the option doesn't seem to work. I have tried:

ifconfig eth0 media 10baset up <- gives a SIOCSIFMAP: Operation not
supported error

ifconfig eth0 10baset up <- gives a 10baset: Host name lookup failure
error

While searching the internet, I have found that other people have trouble
with the [media type] syntax of ifconfig. Does anybody know how to get
this option to work with ifconfig?

Also, if I decide to change to a different ethernet card, is installation
just a matter of using rmmod and insmod? Or, will I need to make other
changes?

Thanks again!

Dave