Re: dst cache overflow and network freeze

Kjartan Maraas (kmaraas@online.no)
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:18:53 +0100

Andi Kleen wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 04:51:49PM +0100, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> > Andi Kleen wrote:

> > > What does arp -na say ?
> > >

> > I will check the next time it happens
> >

> > > The usual cause is somebody running a port scan over the local network from your
> > > machine. If you really want to do that you can increase the values in
> > > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/gc_thresh[123]
> > >

> > Wouldn't downing the eth0 interface and/or restarting pcmia/inet/network
> > stop this? The errors continued after all this.
>
> This points to a bug.

I think so too since it happened again now and all I did since sending
the last mail was folding the laptop, taking it home and reconfiguring
it. The first attempt to connect to a host failed. This was before
the router's connection to work was up.

Could it be apm related?

Cheers
Kjartan Maraas