Re: linux system/network programming

Kendall Lister (kendall@charon.net.au)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:42:39 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Chaim Zucker wrote:

> > Sherlock, Altavista, Yahoo, Infoseek and others can tell you where to find
> > linux system/network programming tutorials/docs on the net; you can then
> > tell yourself which of them are good.
>
> i have tried them all (and more) before i posted this request on this
> list

On Altavista Australia, a search for "linux system network programming
tutorial" returned as the first hit "Welcome to the Network Programming
mini-Tutorial for Linux" (http://members.tripod.com/~Xengren/linnet/),
which looks like a perfectly adequate starting point. This took me 10
seconds to find and 5 to decide it was worth reading. A good engineer
knows how to use her tools well; search engines are a tool.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781