Re: About ipchains

linux (linux@futuregroup.com.au)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:37:24 +1000

It is an option under 2.2.12 - I can send you the .config .

However - yes - you can just force it in your scripts on startup ( always a good idea anyhow ) in case of problems.

>>> Maddog Abel <maddog@linuxt.com> 12/22/99 02:59pm >>>

Starting from 2.2.x (I forgot it), ALWAYS DEFRAG can be modified under
/proc and is not an option during kernel compile anymore. You can check
the value of /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_always_defrag.

maddog

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, linux wrote:

> Anything under 2.2.11 inclusive I could not get option to ALWAYS DEFRAG in kernel compile.
>
> I use 2.2.12 and IPchains and NAT is fine.
[snip]