Re: FTP between Linux boxes slow one way

Matthew Vanecek (mev0003@unt.edu)
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 09:58:30 -0600

Alan Cox wrote:

> > ftp from router to workstation is very slow. It starts OK, then
> > dwindles and finally stalls. Going the other way works fine. I've
>
> Sounds like half/full duplex mismatches

Not sure exactly what you mean there, or how to go about fixing it.
Well, I know what you mean, but...You're talking on the card level?
Would the fact that the various network filesystems work fine not negate
that? scp works ok, as well. I was wondering if there was something in
the kernel that could cause that behavior.

--
Matthew Vanecek
Course of Study: http://www.unt.edu/bcis