RE: Restricting Mail

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Eduardo_R=F6hr?= (hanus@gmx.net)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 21:25:46 -0300

Thank you for the answers. I wanted to avoid any Mailing List solution like
Majordomo or Listar, because the system is going to be administered by other
people, who only want simple solutions (so far I can understand) and only
cares that mails arrives to the recipient.

I found the program choplist in the SmartList package (in the procmail ftp)

and then modified the .procmailrc line ! `cat /lists/list1` with a pipe to
choplist flags and my list-file.

I know that the resulting .procmail isn't a optimal solution, even a good
solution, but is simple, easy to explain, easy to copy...

Happy new Year!

> > > I run Sendmail 8.9.3 in a RH 6.1 box.
> > >
> > > I have 4 Mailing list (build in the /etc/aliases via
> > > :include:), and I
> > > need to filter (restrict)incoming mail to this lists.
The
> > > goal is only allow 3 E mails to
> > > send mails to this lists.
> > > How can I filter the senders, so I only allow to use
the
> > > mailing lists,
> > > this 3 senders??
> > >
> > > I've tried with procmail (build the lists as users)
and