Re: Web Server in a Firewall

Bernd Eckenfels (ecki@lina.inka.de)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 07:57:41 +0100

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.991229171127.30671A-100000@boston.imaginetechnologies.com> you wrote:
> But the problem is that when this local page refers to another (local)
> page, it prefixes the Apache servername which does not have a valid dns
> entry and hence fails to resolve from Internet.

Hmm... if you have links like HREF="/somepage/index.html" apache should not
qualify this link with the local host name.

At least I see a correct unqualified link if i telnet to apache and view the
source in telnet. The browser is the one who qualifies the links. It might
be different if you use some redirections, then those are broken. You can
also just enter the valid internet knoen server name in apchaes config file.

Greetings
Bernd