Re: Compex RL100 TX PCI

MARK COSTA (mcosta@phil.com.sg)
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 10:33:52 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I had faced the same problem too.
Though only with RedHat 6.0 (never tried with 6.1)

Please refer to the link:
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/ethercard.html

The Compex RL100 ATX PCI uses the Winbond W89C840 chip.
This is not supported by NE2000 modules (ne.o & ne2k-pci.o)

On the above page u will find the source for the module that supports
the card. (winbond-840.c). The instructions for creating the module is
there in the code (at the end).
Create the object file and use : "insmod winbond-840.o"
You can also add the line: "alias eth0 winbond-840" in
/etc/conf.modules.
This should autodetect the card at every boot. If it doesn't u may need
to add "options winbond-840 io=0x??? irq=?"

I thank Donald Becker <becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov> for his help in
getting me started. Hope this helps you

Regards,
Mark