Re: Linux 2.4 before 2001?

From: Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 04:39:21 EST

Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Ok, I can also buy that too.. Then it would be nice if the
> announcements that go out would read "no sooner than xxxx..."
> Rather than "aimed for".

If Linus announces a goal as he does now, people tend to wake up and
start sending in patches that they've been sitting on for a while.

If Linus announces a "no sooner than" date, everybody will know that
they can wait until that time for submitting their patch.

So, I'm afraid that you'll have to do the translation in your mind
yourself, and that Linus cannot adopt your suggested terminology....

                                Roger.

 "I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you."