Re: RealTek RTL8139 Fast Ethernet only works as a module?

From: James Fidell (james@cloud9.co.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 20:05:33 EST

Doh!

Ok, ok. problem resolved. I can't believe I couldn't see this earlier...

The machine has three network interfaces: rtl8139, eepro100, eepro100.
That's the order that they were configured during the install, for reasons
that aren't clear to me right now.

When static-linked into the kernel, the interfaces are found in the
reverse order, so the 8139 interface gets brought up as eth2 rather than
eth0 and fails to talk to the network like I was expecting it to :(

Live and learn...
James.

--
 "Yield to temptation --             | Consultancy: james@cloud9.co.uk
  it may not pass your way again"    | http://www.cloud9.co.uk/james

        - Lazarus Long               |              James Fidell