Re: RAID0 expansion

From: Martin Bene (mb@sime.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 03:16:55 EST

At 19:59 02.02.00 +0100, Sasi Peter wrote:
>Unfortunatelly I have an active working raid0 set, and no LVM installed.
>Somebody once had a program (no I could not find it in the archives), to
>resize this, and I have got no facility to do a backup, and install LVM.
>And I guess without a backup LVM will not help me...

I Guess you're looking for this:
------------------
Hi all !

There's a new version of the raidreconf utility out. I call it 0.0.2.

You can download a patch against the current raidtools at
 http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/

New features:
*) Bugfix in RAID-0 growth. It now seems to work in all cases with
   strange disk orderings, different disk sizes etc.
*) Added shrinking of RAID-0 arrays. This also seems to work in all
   cases I have tested.
*) Added ``importing'' of devices. You can convert a single block
   device in to a RAID (hopefully) without loosing your data on the
   block device.

Bye, Martin

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"
 Martin Bene vox: +43-316-813824
 simon media fax: +43-316-813824-6
 Andreas-Hofer-Platz 9 e-mail: mb@sime.com
 8010 Graz, Austria