Re: SCSI Makefile cleanup

From: willy@thepuffingroup.com
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 17:21:25 EST

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 04:45:25PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
> >
> > > I was kind of thinking that a better way of doing this is to use a
> > > special ELF section that contains the initializer. Then hosts.c would just
> >
> > That facility already exists and I believe Jeff Garzik has scsi on his
> > current hit list for it. So the order will matter real soon now.
>
> Yep. After I update a bunch of drivers there will be another initcall
> bombing run

OK, since you'll be hammering on the scsi drivers through the makefile
checking it all works, can I ask you to apply the Makefile patch first and
test the whole shebang? I have tested it a little, but not a large chunk.

Any suggestions on which Makefile to tackle next? I was planning on
romping through the rest of the drivers/ directory, maybe drivers/block
next.