Booting and Ultra-66

From: Igor S. Livshits (igorl@life.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 19:24:31 EST

Hi, Folks,

I am running the 2.2.14 kernel patched for the Ultra-66 IDE PCI card.
I learned that I cannot boot from the drive attached via the Ultra-66
interface, and am using a smaller drive attached via the logic board
controller as my boot device.

I would like to eliminate the smaller HD. However, I have had no luck
booting from a floppy I created via "make bzdisk" for the same kernel
that happily runs of the larger Ultra-66 HD. Also, should I be able
to use lilo and designate my floppy as the boot device (I tried this
without any success, but I may have missed a step...)?

I'd appreciate any advice. Also, does the 2.3 kernel handle this better?

Thanks much, Igor