Re: ext3 status?

From: Stephen C. Tweedie (sct@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 07:49:46 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 01 Mar 2000 12:34:52 -0700, "Jeff V. Merkey"
<jmerkey@timpanogas.com> said:

> We are working on the on-disk conversion from Netware to EXT2 on disk
> formats. I have not looked at the EXT3 code (but will soon). Were
> any of the changes to the on-disk formats too radical that we should
> be aware of?

No, none at all right now. The journal is in a separate inode
referenced by a currently-unused superblock field. There are a couple
of new superblock compatibility flags used. Nothing else has changed:
all the clever stuff goes on inside the journal itself.

--Stephen