Re: Problems in 2.3.48, isdn

From: Helge Hafting (helgehaf@idb.hist.no)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 09:20:37 EST

> Hello,
> yesterday I got a total lockup during ISDN-Init. No logs/errors
> were written; I had an X running and no chance to switch back
> to console :-(

I had a isdn-related crash too, it went like this:

# rmmod isdn hisax
<error message because isdn is "in use" by hisax>
# rmmod isdn hisax
<freeze - no sysrq or anything>

I tried to unload modules in the wrong order. That is usually not a
problem - one gets an error message for the first and then the
second unloads. So I repeated the command, expecting
isdn to unload and an error message for the non-existant hisax.
But I got a crash instead.

This was an attempt to see how devfsd treats isdn devices - I can't
get it to make "compatibility symlinks" like it does for anything else.

Making isdn use the new system would be even better, but changing
all config files from /dev/isdnsomething to /dev/isdn/isdnsomething
didn't
do the trick.

Helge Hafting