Re: very large directories

From: Jan Van Sweevelt (jan-vansweevelt@freegates.be)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 14:58:07 EST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> Jan Van Sweevelt wrote:
>
> > IBM JFS has B-tree structures for directories. It's in a very early development
> > stage.
>
> I believe its status is that they didn't get it to compile on linux before
> putting it out there, they just stripped OS/2 out of it but didn't yet add Linux
> to it.

I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear. The IBM JFS I meant is the JFS for OS/2. They
have released the source of the OS/2 version and have started a port for Linux.
On Monday or Tuesday they released version 0.02 which has now the capabilities
of :

mkdir, rmdir, create file

It compiles under Linux but you need to do some cleanup work. I believe they
use a RH kernel which has it's own patches (I think).

Jan Van Sweevelt