Re: Linux 2.2.15pre12

From: Paul Jakma (paul@clubi.ie)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 18:58:51 EST

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

  Your ulimits are applied first. This only kicks in at the point something
  has to die and we are totally out of memory

ok. so without vm_rambo we'd be dead anyway.

  It scores down root processes, stuff that is touching hw etc. Basically it
  means when the shit hits the fan we shoot the user not their X server 8)

grand. i was just getting worried from some of the posts that it
might kick in too early. (and i just experienced the 2.2.14
equivalent on a machine tonight.. so i was getting a bit panicky).

thanks,

--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie
PGP5 key: http://www.clubi.ie/jakma/publickey.txt