Re: kiobugs in 2.3.48

From: V Ganesh (ganesh@veritas.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 00:11:38 EST

> > map = get_page_map(map, ptr);
> > and now we pass this to get_page_map() which promptly returns 0,
>
> Yikes. Yes, somebody snuck a completely bogus patch into 2.3.48. The
> _only_ reason vaddr should be used in get_page_map() is to act as an
> argument to ZERO_PAGE() for architectures in which the zero page is
> cache-coloured.

my patch, my fault, sorry. I mistakenly assumed vaddr to be a kernel address.
however, the previous code was
        if (MAP_NR(page) >= max_mapnr)
                return 0;
which is also bogus. if the intention is to detect if it's outside "struct
page *" memory, then
        if (page - mem_map >= max_mapnr)
                return 0;
makes more sense.