Boot failure (Was: Re: bzImage limitation question)

From: Niels Kristian Bech Jensen (nkbj@image.dk)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 01:02:16 EST

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 almesber@lrc.di.epfl.ch wrote:

[...]
> Tried to load it with LILO: loads, uncompressed, says it's booting, and
> dies (system reboots after about one second of inactivity). Tried bootimg
> on bzImage, vmlinux, and plain binary, and got about the same symptoms in
> all three cases.
>
> So yes, something is wrong. It could of course be that the kernel dies an
> early death because of some internal conflicts which aren't related to
> size. Investigating ...

I see the same symptoms on pre-patch-2.3.49-2 with a kernel size of 477k,
so I don't think it's size related. I only have the problem with a UP
kernel, a SMP kernel boots (and works) fine.

--
Niels Kristian Bech Jensen -- nkbj@image.dk -- http://www.image.dk/~nkbj/

----------->> Stop software piracy --- use free software! <<-----------