Re: CIPE and 2.3.49 (success I believe) (Heads up Russel of Netfilter, Alan Cox, Dave Miller, Olaf Titz)

From: Trever Adams (trever_Adams@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 00:59:34 EST

Yes, bad form and all responding to my own reply, but here are the few
differences between the CIPE implementation and using the new
skb_copy_expand. As far as I can tell there are no real differences and
all of the n->whatever = whatever would be redundant save maybe the ones
listed below or the length calculations.

skbuff.c
        n=alloc_skb(newheadroom + (skb->tail - skb->data) + newtailroom,
                    gfp_mask);

output.c
        struct sk_buff *n=
              alloc_skb(skb->len+max_headroom+max_tailroom, GFP_ATOMIC);

Are (skb->tail - skb->data) and skb->len the same?

Also, what is the difference between gfp_mask and GFP_ATOMIC?

If these are not problems, then the few nulls, offsets, and 0s in the
n->whatevers = value stuff must be the trick.

Trever Adams

--
For the finest in family and value oriented products:
http://www.daysofyore.com