strange SCSI behaviour

From: Fausto Saporito (fausap@unina.it)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 09:42:14 EST

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my SCSI devices. Now I'm using a ASUS mb dual-cpu
with Adaptec SCSI controller integrated on mb.

I have my root filesystem on a SCSI disk attached on that controller, and an
external EXABYTE.

Then when I read from tape, all operations on disk are freezed, I mean all that
operations that require a real access to scsi disk, not those buffered in
memory. For example, if I'm using kdat, I cannot start kppp in the same moment,
I must wait the reading on tape finish, and after kppp starts.

Is it a normal behaviour?

thanks in advance,
Fausto