drivers/net/Config.in cleanup (Was: 2.3.4[89] fail to probe/id IDE properly (long))

From: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen (rask@kampsax.k-net.dk)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 11:08:05 EST

Den 07-Mar-00 15:57:19 skrev Tim Coleman fĝlgende om "Re: 2.3.4[89] fail to probe/id IDE properly (long)":

> Wouldn't it make more sense to separate it into separate chunks
> i.e. CONFIG_NET_PCI, CONFIG_NET_EISA, CONFIG_NET_VLB, CONFIG_NET_ONBOARD
> and *then* check for CONFIG_PCI before offering CONFIG_NET_PCI?

   IMHO it would.

   The difficulty is that several of the drivers support more than one bus.
Some of the combinations that I think I've seen are:

ISA only
PCI only
EISA only
MCA only
ISA and PCI
EISA and PCI
MCA and PCI
EISA, MCA and PCI

   So it would be necessary to go through each driver and check which
busses it supports.

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen | E-mail: mailto:rask@kampsax.dtu.dk |
| Please do NOT Cc: to me or the | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/ |
| mailing list. I am on the list.| "ThrustMe" on XPilot, ARCnet and IRC |
| Hard work may not kill me, but why take chances? |