nocache option for mount?

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia (german@pinon.ccu.uniovi.es)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 14:28:11 EST

        Hello,

        I would like to know if there is any way to make a filesystem non
cacheable, that is the kernel doesn't cache any data read from it. I think it
could be implemented as an option for mount, and it would be very usefull
when you are transfering large amount of data from one filesystem to another
(well, maybe the basic structure of the filesystem should be cacheable
always, but no the real data).
        For example when you are burning CDs, the ISO images are only used
one (or even when they are used more than one usually they don't fit in
the cache), but the kernel try to cache them, even when it has to
paginate everything elese out of the physical memory, using this nocache
option you could avoid this.

        More ideas and suggestions are welcome.

        - german

PS: If it is already implemented please point me in the right direction,
after looking through the man pages for latest mount and tune2fs I found
nothing similar.

   One O.S. to rule them all, | German Gomez Garcia
      One O.S. to find them. | german@pinon.ccu.uniovi.es
   One O.S. to bring them all |
      and in the darkness bind them. | "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"