umount with 2.3.99-pre5, was: sync with 2.3.99

From: Nils Philippsen (nils@fht-esslingen.de)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:10:11 EST

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Garst R. Reese wrote:

> Is there any workaround to this problem?
> util-linux-2.10h's mount won't build.
> sync does not seem to be happening on shutdown.

I experienced this on my machine at home, too. It's just that umounts wouldn't
work, "device is busy" -- hmmm. I tried to dig a little deeper /not to much
avail), and in single user with only the occasional "init" and "bash" running
(besides some kernel spawned processes I don't remember right now) I got the
same message.

This is indeed very strange as I don't have this problem with the machine I
use at work (same kernel).

> As a consequence of spilling a cup o' java in my laptop keyboard, I had
> to some hard resets. Several /etc files went missing.
> I think this falls in the categories of "show stopper" and "brown paper
> bag":)

I think the coffee rather falls into the category of "brown, hot liquid".

Nils

--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
nils@wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils@fht-esslingen.de / nils@redhat.de