max no of kernel params

From: Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 18:16:00 EST

Hi Linus, Alan, Kernel folks,

This time, I got an extremely easy patch ...

The kernel currently limits the number of parameters passed to the kernel
and the number of variables exported to init as env variables to 8.
Now, sometimes you need more than that, because you have fancy hardware or
you have need to control some variables that the boot up scripts use.

I'd suggest to double the number to 16. Patch attached (against 2.2.15p17).
Please apply.

Regards,

--
Kurt Garloff  <garloff@suse.de>                          Eindhoven, NL
GPG key: See mail header, key servers         Linux kernel development