Using memory on video card as SWAP.

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 05:31:04 EST

I have the following cards installed in my computer:

Cirrus Logic 5446 2Mb
Monster Voodoo 4Mb
Matrox M3D

While in linux I only have a use for the Cirrus card. Has anyone
developed drivers to use the memory on either of the other two
cards, as swap space? I've read about this topic before but
didn't have any use for it at the time...

IMHO, 4Mb of swap on the video card will likely be much faster
than going to disk.. even if it is only 4Mb.. I don't know how
much memory the M3D has... anyone know? Doesn't appear to have
any by looking at it..

Thanks in advance.
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

I've overclocked my keyboard interface. It's quite messy dipping my hands into the mineral oil, but *MAN* is my keyboard ever fast now! - Anonymous Coward