Re: MDA video detection request.

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 07:18:06 EST

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Edward Betts wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 07:39:52AM -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> > Anyone know how to reliably detect an MDA card (in-kernel) in a
> > system that may have multiple adaptors (PCI/vga/MDA) multihead
> > setup?
> >
> > Looking for info or pointers.
>
> drivers/video/mdacon.c

The current code to do detect MDA fails for some cards. I tried it on my
Matrox Millenium card and it detected it as a mda card. At the time I was
also running vgacon and I was testing to see what would happen if mdacon
was called with no MDA card. I was hoping it would fail.

Q: Why did they deprecate a.out support in linux?
A: Because a nasty coff is bad for your elf.

James Simmons [jsimmons@linux-fbdev.org] ____/|
fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=