Re: Signals lost when using asynchronous IO

From: Mikael Vidstedt (mikeee@stacken.kth.se)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 10:15:48 EST

> Are you using aio? If so, which aio?

No, I'm not using aio. I'm using the kernel supported asynchronous IO that
sends signals through the net/socket.c:sock_wake_async() function in the
kernel. No additional libraries or threads are used.

> See also http://www.kegel.com/c10k.html for more notes about
> this kind of thing.

I've read those documents, but they do not solve my problem.

> If the above doesn't help, can you post a small test program
> demonstrating the problem?

There is no small test program to demonstrate the problem, I'm afraid. The
application I'm writing is quite a bit too large. :(

What the application does is to have about 200 concurrent connections
from remote clients that are reading and writing data through sockets.
When the remote end is shutting down, signals appear to get lost, because
when I poll the remaining sockets, they have data left to be read, but no
signal has been delivered...

/Mikael