CD_Rom problems (fwd)

From: Dave (dleimbac@phoenix.lhup.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 13:13:51 EST

I sent this to the wrong place.... What can I do to help remedy this
problem...<cd-driver>

The ide_cdrom module seems to have something wrong with it in 2.2.16. It
is incorrectly reporting tha my cd_changer is not a changer and therefore
I cannot change the active slot.

I have downloaded the patch from www.kernel.dk and rebuilt everything
<kernel, my software> and nothing has changed. I wrote the maintainer
about this problem about two days ago but I need to make sure this is
taken seriously so I was told to write here.

My code did in fact work by the way from 2.2.2->2.2.14 so this is a recent
break. I did't try 2.2.15 but many have to "downgrade" in order to make
my software work.

Thanks
Dave Leimbach