`Stuck in TLB IPI wait' still there?? + cpqarray in 2.4

From: Hirling Endre (endre@interware.hu)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 17:23:16 EST

hello,

I'm just trying to set up a new proxy server: Compaq
Proliant 3000 with 2xP3-500 CPU and a SmartArray 431 RAID
controller. With 2.2.17pre10 it still suffers from the
'stuck in tlb ipi wait' bug that was discowered more than a
year ago. Did this bug remain without fix since then? This
makes Linux 2.2 mostly unusable for SMP since the load that
require multiple processors is likely to trigger this and
stop the machine for minutes.

One can say I should use 2.4 because it's better, faster,
etc... I tried. It hangs at 'Partition check: /dev/ida/c0d0'
where /dev/ida/c0d0 is the first logical volume on the raid
controller.

Could anyone in charge of these (SMP and cpqarray) comment
on this?

greetings
endre