Re: 2.4.0-test3 VM likes to swap

From: Juan J. Quintela (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 16:22:16 EST

>>>>> "lee" == I Lee Hetherington <ilh@sls.lcs.mit.edu> writes:

Hi

lee> Check out this vmstat 1 output. I do a dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/junk
lee> bs=1024k count=500, and it swaps stuff out despite having more than
lee> enough free memory. In other cases, it has swapped out 32+MB in a
lee> similar situation.

Could you test one of test4-preX please? it has a change in __alloc_pages()
that should help in this problem.

I am interested in sucess/failed reports.

Later, Juan.

PD. If you don't want to change the kernel, you can apply the patch
    from my web page:

http://carpanta.dc.fi.udc.es/~quintela/kernel/2.4.0-test3/alloc_pages_02.patch

are different -- Larry McVoy