IDE problems in 2.2.16

From: Anders K. Pedersen (akp@akp.dk)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 04:20:16 EST

On one of our linux servers, we're getting a lot of messages similar to the
following:

Jul 13 10:05:57 HOST kernel: hda: timeout waiting for DMA
Jul 13 10:05:57 HOST kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }

This machine has a Asus P55T2P4 BIOS rev. 0207 motherboard with a 430HX chipset
and a i82371 PIIX3 IDE interface. The harddisk used is a Quantum Fireball
ST4.3A. Kernel is currently a 2.2.16 without any patches, but we got these
messages with older kernels as well.

The machine seems to be working fine, and we haven't seen any disk corruption,
so I'm wondering, whether I should be worried about these messages?

Regards,
Anders K. Pedersen