Re: [Announce] BKL shifting into drivers and filesystems - beware

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 20:25:10 EST

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

>Except we are _still_ fixing the 2.2 VM and paying a stability penalty
>along the way for it. That is -bad-

It should be fixed in VM-global-patch-2. Main issue was kpiod.

I released a few minutes ago 2.2.17pre11aa1 that also have some more VM
stuff into it. I'd like if people could try it and tell me what they
thinks about the VM behaviour. It merges VM-global-patch-2 and all the
other few stuff is completly orthogonal with VM-global-patch-2.

Andrea