[BUG] 2.4.0-test4-pre6, screen contrast

From: Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer (mchouque@cs.stevens-tech.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 16:54:26 EST

        Hello !

I have compiled XFreee 4.0.1 yesterday and today did the same thing for
linux kernel 2.4.0-test4-pre6. There's a strange bug between these two
applications : after xfree is started when you switch back to VT, the
contrast is so low it's quiet impossible to read something. The second time
you try, you can't read anything, the VT (all of them) are blank.
In this case everything works properly, you just feel what a blind person
can feel when in front of a text console...
This bug is only triggered by test4-pre6 and not by test2 (I haven't tried
test3) or other kernel (namely 2.2).

If someone has a clue or wants me to help debug this thing, please let me
know.

--
Mathieu CHOUQUET-STRINGER    E-Mail : mchouque@stevens-tech.edu
     "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity"