Re: A20 gate control question.

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 08:18:14 EST

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Agust Karlsson wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Where does Linux set the System Control Port A (io port 0x92) or where
> should I put the code to use port 0x92 as a a20 gate handler.
>
> Best regards
>
> Agust Karlsson
> Pallas Informatik
> Allerød Denmark

../linux/arch/i386/boot/setup.S, line 550.

..erm THEY did remove the controller? Tell them that they have
forced you to make unmaintainable code that is not testable in
a Production environment. Now you will have to disable keyboard interrupts
(mask off bit 1 in port 0x21) after the kernel starts complaining.

I've been through this before. Just wait until the product reaches
Production Test. The HW designers will eventually learn and you
get to keep the controller.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

Penguin : Linux version 2.2.15 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).

obtained from the Micro$oft help desk.