2.2 IDE spin-up problems

From: Keith Duthie (psycho@albatross.co.nz)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 05:17:55 EST

On 2.2.17pre9 and 2.2.16, my IBM-DJNA-371800 drive has irq timeouts when
leaving standby mode (Andre: I was incorrect with my earlier bug report -
it happens in all xfer-modes). When attempting to leave sleep mode I get
lost interrupts, and the drive fails to spin up. Note that I only have
problems when the drive is spinning up.

The drive is the only drive on the ide channel, and the hardware checks
out ok using the program available at the ibm website
(http://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/hddtech/dft-v152.img).

The motherboard is a bx6r2, with the latest bios upgrade, and I
compiled the kernel with binutils 2.10.0.9 and gcc 2.95.2 .

hda: timeout waiting for DMA
hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
hda: DMA disabled
ide0: reset: success

--
Understanding is a three edged sword. Do you *want* to get the point?
     http://www.albatross.co.nz/~psycho/     O-      -><-