Re: devfs question

From: Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 12:09:22 EST

In <m366q7las1.fsf@ccs.covici.com> John Covici (covici@ccs.covici.com) wrote:
> Hi. I was reading the readme in the 2.4.0-test2 kernel documentation
> tree for defs when I ran into the following mysterious passage

Grrr. There are STILL described this gaping security hole ? Hosh. You should
use recent enough util-linux and add

vc/1
vc/2
vc/3
vc/4
vc/5
vc/6
vc/7
vc/8

instead (I do not remeber well with which version of linux-utils you can
safely use devfs and allow root to use consoles but NOT ptys and serial
ports in the same time). For old linux-utils this suggestion is unsecure
and for new ones it's PLAIN WRONG so what's the point ?