2.2.17pre12 problem on Alpha

From: Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 08:29:03 EST

Not sure who the Alpha kernel guru is lately (nothing pertinent in
MAINTAINERS), but:

A 2.2.17pre12 kernel built as Cabriolet-specific will not boot from the
SRM console on my AlphaPC 64 (aka Cabriolet). And, yes, I did check the
option for starting from SRM. It doesn't even machine-check, just loads,
decompresses and dies silently with an Error Code = 6, falling back to the
console prompt.

When configured for generic, it works fine.

Steve