Re: Logitech iTouch (internet Keyboard on Athlon) locks up, is it a bug?

From: Oliver Feiler (kiza@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 12:58:06 EST

Felix Maibaum wrote:
> I always thought it was a Problem with just my System: (Athlon 750 on
> ABIT KA7, with Logitech internet Keyboard)
>
> after using the console for a while my machine stops accepting
> keystrokes. just in console, not in X.
> after waiting for about 5 minutes it works again. I'm running Debian
> potato with 2.4 test2 Kernel.

I've got the same problem on two different systems with Logitech Cordless
keyboards. If it's got to do something with hardware it can only be the
keyboard itself.

Interesting thing is, the error does not occur if gpm is running. If I kill
gpm on the console it takes a couple of minutes until the keyboard stops
working. It works again after a couple of minutes or if I unplug and plug in
the keyboard again.

Bye
Oliver

--