linking in LKM

From: gshekar@in.ibm.com
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 09:02:44 EST

Hi,
       Iam trying to build a Loadable kernel module, which makes use of
some of the functions of library filesystems.a,
so I tried to link above library file in my makefile using ld command, Iam
getting error as unresolved symbol for functions which i use in my LKM
I would like to know whether my approach is correct or the syntax used for
ld is wrong or is there any alternatives

i.e., ld -m elf_i386 -r -o xyz1.o filesystems.a xyz2.o
or
ld -m elf_i386 -r -o xyz1.o -L. -lfilesystems.a xyz2.o

where xyz2.o is object file for my source file which uses one of the
functions of filesystems.a

thanks and regards

girish