applying kernel.org's ide patches

From: kevin (kevin.s@taligent.net)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 12:01:54 EST

Hello,

I am using redhat linux 6.2 on a pc with kernel 2.2.14.
Need to apply ide patch in people/hedrick directory
on kernel.org's ftp site for drivers.

Unfortunately I can't get it to install properly - obviously
i not applying patch properly

I am trying following

patch -s -p1 < ide.2.2.14.20000124.patch

it seems to update makefile - so I can select option in
menuconfig but it is not adding drivers to ~drivers/block
directory for compiling which subsequently fails.

I am using kernel 2.3.10 at the moment for drivers but this
kernel is known for filesystem problems apparently.

Help appreciatted

Kevin.