apm/apcid in 2.4.0-test

From: Garst R. Reese (reese@isn.net)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 13:19:25 EST

Nothing seems to work right. With acpi enabled, in /var/adm/debug I get:
ACPI Subsystem version [Jun 1 2000]
tbutils-0240:
*** Error: Invalid ACPI checksum
nsapinam-0058
DSDT is not in memory
OsdBreakpoint: Fatal error encounterd

But, acpitbl /proc/sys/acpi/facp works.
cat /proc/sys/acpi/dsdt shows nothing

If I disable acpi and use apm, kapmd fires up, but uses 94+% of cpu, and
when I suspend to disk it fails to return. The status bar shows it
reloading, then I get a blank screen and dead keyboard, and have to hard
reset.

ThinkPad 380XD, PIIX4

Is kapmd a replacement for apmd or suspendd?
Should I disable apm in the BIOS?

With acpid running, if I close the lid, the machine eventually powers
down, but I don't know what triggers the power down.

Please cc me, because I am currently on the road and off the lk list.
Thanks,
        Garst