elevator algorithm questions

From: Vitez Gabor (gabor@swszl.szkp.uni-miskolc.hu)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 14:50:34 EST

Hi,
I've got a few questions about the elevator algorithm.
After looking at ll_rw_blk.c and reading the linux-kernel mail archives
it seems to me that the elevator algorithm is used for all kind of block
devices, including hardware-raid controllers (like IBM ServerRaid and
Compaq SMART2). It also seems to me that you are not using the head
position for block write sequence reordering, but the linear address of
the blocks. Are these two "assumptions" true?

        thanks in advance,
                Gabor

P.S.: I'm not subscribed, could you please Cc: the answers to me?