NMI on a dual processor VIA 964 motherboard

From: Gregory Hosler (gregory.hosler@eno.ericsson.se)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 00:08:53 EST

Hi,

I'm trying out a new dual processor VIA 964 motherboard (as opposed
to, for example, a 440BX chipset). The board in question is a new
Microstar ms-6321 (694D).

upon boot I get a screen or two full of NMI messages. Near as I can tell
they match this message:

arch/i386/kernel/traps.c:
    Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue

What does this message mean, and does anything need to be done
about it ?

thanks and rgds,

-Greg

E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <gregory.hosler@eno.ericsson.se>
Date: 18-Jul-00
Time: 12:55:01

        If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
             ...Oh, wait a minute, he already does.