linux-2.4.0-test4 and lp0 bug (linux-kernel-digest V1 #1160)

From: David Benfell (benfell@greybeard95a.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 14:05:06 EST

> From: Frank Jacobberger <fxj@inconnect.com>
> Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:26:15 -0600
> Subject: linux-2.4.0-test4 and lp0 bug
>
> test4 presented only one problem:
> "lp: driver loaded, but no devices found" <from dmesg>
>
> Other message from kde print queue when trying to print:
> sleeping 10
>
> Apparently the kernel is missing a beat...

If it helps at all, I have tried building test4 both with and without
the IEEE 1284 support. The result is basically the same, other than
that with the IEEE 1284 support, I see identifying information from my
printer in dmesg.

This is an irritating glitch, so I'll be happy to test any patches
someone might have to offer. Just be aware that I am relatively
inexperienced so you may have to get painfully explicit with your
instructions on how to apply your patch.

--
David Benfell
benfell@greybeard95a.com

					[from fortune]