2.4 test4, Mylex DAC960

From: Franz Reitinger (FranzR@axioma.co.at)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 02:41:04 EST

Hi!
I'm going to install the 2.4 (test4) kernel for a raid-smp-machine using a
mylex card (DAC960).
The Mylex-driver can be compiled without troubles, however on restarting the
machine the DAC960 seems
to have a null-pointer (message from the driver) and the kernel stops with
a panic message which seems to be a follow-up error.
It seems that this pointer-mismatch is a heavy one, because I really must
switch off the machine. A normal reset loses e.g the information about the
2nd processor.
I tried also the latest version from the author
(http://www.dandelion.com/Linux) for the 2.4-kernel - but it didn't help.

The former version for the 2.2.15-kernel is working well.

franzR