Re: The big IDE fight in a different light

From: Mike Castle (dalgoda@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 12:00:46 EST

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 09:19:00AM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
> 2.4. And no one in this office will, either. If all versions of Linux
> are susceptible, maybe we'll look for a different OS where it is more
> difficult to accomplish this damage. We cannot afford data destruction,
> but even more importantly we CERTAINLY cannot afford having our disks
> physically destroyed.

What if there is no such OS, but rather a flaw in the whole hardware
architecture design? Where do you run then?

If Andre hadn't posted the code, someone eventually would had. It's not
unfortunate he did that at all; but rather quite fortunate that he did.
Because now it brings it out to the public. Do you really think he was the
first one to notice this?

mrc

--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@ix.netcom.com  and be right all the time, or not work at all