Re: TO HELL WITH IT THEN......(re: disk-destroyer.c)

From: Stephen Frost (sfrost@ns.snowman.net)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 02:17:24 EST

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> If you try to pass raw taskfile command to the drive and you have no clue.
> The hardware will BUCK 99% of the time.
>
> Using the kernel IOCTL, it BUCKS 5% of the time and the damage is done.
> Baically, you want me to continue helping you destroy your hardware.
> I will not be a part of that!

        Care to give a little better explanation? What do you mean by
'BUCK'?

> Do you allow USB to send unrestricted commands that will damage the
> hardware?
>
> You know that I can publish how to take Linux down with the current IOCTLs
> and ROOT can not stop the attack. If this is what it takes to bring Linux
> to it's knees gain the needed protection I may consider it.

        This is *exactly* why you're having problems. Threatening people is
*not* going to help. You're using FUD tactics to try and get your way and
it should not *ever* work. It's immoral and wrong. You want people to
consider your patch? Show it's merits, don't threaten them that you'll
try and destroy them if you don't get your way.

                Stephen