Re: IF only........

From: Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 05:40:50 EST

In <397A7CDB.9E5AE76E@mcn.net> TimO (hairballmt@mcn.net) wrote:

Looks like you STILL do not understood. RAW IO is ENOUGH to write disk2brick.
RAW IS is NOT enough to do firmware upgrades in sane way. So Andre's patch
gives you VERY little in sense of security while still removes potentially
desired functionality from kernel. BTW it's VERY hard to make brick out of
your disk while developing non-related program and if you are developing
firmware upgrade program you should disable all such checks anyway. So this
patch is useless as security tool and almost useless and safety tool (you can
destroy enough drives out there while useng only "safe" commands allowed by
Andre's patch).